Friday, April 18, 2008

Racism still exists today.

This is starting to scare me & is getting bigger, & bigger each day. This is for the people who do not know what exactly is going on. On April 3rd, Two senior boys drove wildly in our school parking lot @ RHS waving a confederate flag& on the same day, dragged a life-size black teddy bear at the edge of the car. The bear was hunged by a noose. This created a big commotion at my school, but no violence . Yet . This happened on Martin Luther King's Assassination day. Everyone was SHOCKED on what had happened. And, everyone was starting to think that "Anything could happen". Teachers were telling us to watch out & to be safe! This started to freak me out badly. People, not just african americans, but all of the races were deeply offended. We found out that the school gave the boys a saturday school. Not for the confederate flag & the bear, but for driving wildly around the parking lot. WTH everyone is thinkin' right. People are wondering " What made these boys do this? " Students say that the school rules & policys are gettin' stricter and way out of hand, & that it's the parents fault [possibly]. We don't know the reason why. But, their reason caused a big somethin' somethin'. It put this school at danger. Parents weren't notified about the incident until a week later! Why is that? Everyone was askin' that. In my 6th period class last week, the whole class to discuss what was on their mind with our teacher. One of my classmates was like "Why do they waste paper on tellin' parents about a lockdown & call home for that, but it's already a week & parents still haven't been notified." I agree. & It's really hard to explain tho. On the same day, Our principal got infront of the school &talked about the incident at lunch & had tears. I didn't get to see it tho. Then, after school. the whole school was invited to meet in the main quad for a meeting to talk about what has been going on. It gave the students a chance to let out what they feel about the incident. Another week went by & people are STILL talking about. Then, things get worse. Now, it's my point of view on what happened on Friday, April 18th. So, it was Thursday. I went to sleep at around 9. Woke up randomly@ 12, got LOADS of text messages saying there is a planned riot that is going to happen at school, TODAY! I suddenly woke up & read everything. There was one that said "Supposedly there will be a racial riot tommorow at school. It is rumored that kids are bringing guns & knives to school. Please stay at home!" As i read all of those shocking/scary messages, my mom came in my room.& i told her everything, She said she would call the school to see what's happening. I got a phone call from one of my friends around 10. but i was asleep. The voicemail said Don't go to school ,etc. I texted everyone back askin' if there going or not, & everyone said NO. It was hard to go back to sleep, because i was scared for my life. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IF I GO TO SCHOOL ?! I didn't fall back to sleep till around 1:40.I just tossed & turned in my bed, i was so scared. My dad finally came home from work & i told him everything too. He said he would talk to me in the morning. He said i didn't have to go to school if i didn't want too. As i lay in bed, i was just thinking .. What if gun shootings do happen tommorow. As i fell back to sleep & woke up at 6, i asked my mom if i was goin' to school, & she said no. I called Desiree because i give her a ride every morning. My mom talked to her mom because her mom didn't believe her because she doesn't really know whats been going on. We both stayed home. Some of my friends went to school. The school was EMPTY. One said it was the dryest place she's been too in her life. There were police everywhere, surrounding the school. They were even on the roof! Lots of news cast people were there too. Some teachers did not attend school today, & there were less than 10 people in every class. Teachers did not construct class today but have the students watch tv for 2 hours. Most students left to go back home around the middle of the day. I wonder how they felt wandering the hall ways .. alone . I would be scared to death. It must of been so quiet. Well, i really don't know what else to say. Because, i was pretty speechless & shocked by the whole thing. It's getting OUT OF HAND. & Sometimes, i feel unsafe as i walk to campus of Rodriguez High school. When will this madness stop.The riot did NOT happen today at school because only 50-100 students attended school out of 2,500! So, there was no reason to do it. People say they may attack the school by suprise next week. & i am scared for my life. I seriously feel like crying. I'm listening to Man in the mirror by michael jackson. We really needa make a chanqe. Listen to the song please. - I'll continue tommorow. Pretty tired, long day today. Here's a few links & videos you might want to read & watch about the incident so you will understand it more.You had to be there. These videos were from our local news stations.






KCRA #1
KCRA #2
ABC

No comments: